Saturday, December 8, 2012

I've had a similar experience. A couple of weeks ago, I was at the dance studio where my kids take ballet, and one of the other dads came over and told me that he was looking at getting a home defense shotgun, and had "heard" that I have a gun or two (or more - don't tell Mrs. Hang10). He asked about getting some basic firearms training, entry level gun safes and the best local ranges. I asked him if this was the first time he'd considered arming himself, and he said "yes." I asked what the motivation was, and he said "I'm not really sure, but I'd just be more conformable being able to handle things myself - if it comes to that."
I didn't pursue what "things" he thought might come up, or what he meant by "handling things" himself.
I also asked how he'd heard that I have a few guns, and it turns out that my daughter was telling the other ballerinas that she prefers daddy's AR15 over the Ruger 10/22, but that the Mossberg semi-auto is "the loudest and most fun."
That's my girl!
I'll hit the other dad up about PM's, and if he's not yet in the club, I'll invite him to Turdville :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment